- 2 servings of risotto
- Diced veg, white wine & stock pot
- Smoked chicken
- Nduja & Parmesan bread crumbs (pangrattato)
- Open the chicken breast and place on a chopping board
- You will need to remove the skin from the chicken…..to do this place the fatter part of the chicken at the top of the board and gently use your fingers to pull the skin away from the chicken. Pull down gently and this will remove without damaging the chicken underneath. If you pull from the opposite direction you can end up taking part of the chicken with the skin
- Still keeping the fatter part of the chicken facing upwards use a sharp knife to carefully butterfly the chicken in half creating 2 equal portions. Cut into strips.
- Take two saucepans and place on medium heat
- In one add 500mls of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the diced vegetable stock
- In the other add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the risotto rice and keep it moving. Allow all the grains to be coated in the oil and wait for them to start splitting slightly
- Add a ladle of the stock water to the grains and keep it moving….!
- When half the water has been absorbed add the chorizo and another ladle full. On you last ladle full of stock add the chicken to the risotto. Keep moving until all the stock has been used.
- Turn the risotto off and allow to rest and sit for 3-4 minutes. Add the butter and gentle stir to emulsify the grain.
- Sprinkle over the crumb and Enjoy!