- 2 portions of gnocchi
- Taste of the lakes smoked chicken
- 12 month pre-grated parmesan
- Goat cheese
- Caramelised onion
- Tomato sauce
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add a pinch of sea salt
- Open the chicken breast and place on a chopping board
- You will need to remove the skin from the chicken…..to do this place the fatter part of the chicken at the top of the board and gently use your fingers to pull the skin away from the chicken. Pull down gently and this will remove without damaging the chicken underneath. If you pull from the opposite direction you can end up taking part of the chicken with the skin
- Still keeping the fatter part of the chicken facing upwards use a sharp knife to carefully butterfly the chicken in half creating 2 equal portions. Cut into strips.
- Place a large frying pan on a high heat and add a tbsp of oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and the gnocchi to the water and cook both for 5 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce to the frying pan and a small amount of the gnocchi water. Drain the gnocchi and add to the pan
- Stir through the onions and crumble over the goats cheese. Gently move through the sauce.
- Split between two plates and sprinkle with parmesan.