- 2 servings of tricolore pasta
- 2 portions of Taste of The Lakes smoked chicken breast ( 1 chicken breast)
- Double cream
- Red wine beef stock
- Bring a pan of water up to boil adding a pinch of sea salt
- Open the chicken breast and place on a chopping board
- You will need to remove the skin from the chicken…..to do this place the fatter part of the chicken at the top of the board and gently use your fingers to pull the skin away from the chicken. Pull down gently and this will remove without damaging the chicken underneath. If you pull from the opposite direction you can end up taking part of the chicken with the skin.
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat
- Still keeping the fatter part of the chicken facing upwards use a sharp knife to carefully butterfly the chicken in half creating 2 equal portions
- Slice both portions into 1cm fingers
- Turn the heat of the frying pan up to high and add 1tbsp of good quality oil
- Place half the chicken in one half of the pan and the mushrooms in the other but avoid mixing them together at this point. This allows you to seal the chicken.
- Add your pasta to the water
- Season the mushrooms to draw out the flavours and leave both sides to cook for 2-3 minutes. Then move the pan around to combine both together
- Turn the pan down to a medium heat and add the stock. This will bubble up and at this point drizzle the cream evenly around the pan but dont mix together
- Drain the pasta well after 3 minutes and add the the pan
- Gently spoon everything together through the pasta and avoid mixing. Season with salt
- Plate up between two and enjoy!
We would love to see what you have created at home so please share your creations....tag us in @devourdaily on Facebook & Instagram